How to Get Rid of Wrinkles and How to Prevent Them
Aging. The one thing that everyone wants to avoid. Unfortunately, we can’t permanently stop aging, but we can definitely slow down the process with treatments and with the right products.
What Causes Wrinkles?
There are a variety of factors that cause wrinkles, but the biggest one is lack of collagen and elastin. Collagen and elastin are the two proteins that keep our skin looking plump and youthful. Sadly, starting at the age of 25, our bodies slow down its collagen and elastin production up until we no longer produce it at all. This causes our bodies to begin to lose volume and firmness, and then before you know it, you have fine lines and wrinkles!
Lack of collagen and elastin are only part of the problem. Something else that causes us to have fine lines and wrinkles is the sun. It’s ironic, given that the sun is what provides us with life, but it also provides us with wretched wrinkles. The sun has both UVA and UVB lights and when you’re constantly in the sun with no protection it can cause a lot of damage. Being exposed to the sun not only causes fine lines and wrinkles, but it also causes sunspots and hyperpigmentation.
How to Prevent Wrinkles
The best ways to prevent wrinkles from forming is by protecting and taking care of your skin! If you haven’t done so, you need to add two crucial products to your skincare routine in order to effectively prevent and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. The two products that you should be applying are SPF and an expression line treatment.
Products You Need to Try
Chemical-free tinted moisturizer with zinc and titanium protects against damaging UVA/UVB rays and calms skin. Antioxidants and peptides prevent future damage. May be used as a makeup primer or lightweight foundation.
▪ Effective anti-wrinkle ingredients
▪ Skin-calming ingredients reduce redness
▪ Safe for all skin types including sensitive skin, and pre-and post-laser and other cosmetic treatments
▪ Reef Safe
7.5% Transparent Zinc Oxide: provides chemical-free protection from damaging UVB (burning) and UVA (aging) rays while also calming skin that is red, post-procedure, irritated, or sun damaged.
2.56% Titanium Dioxide: chemical-free, physical block from UVB (burning) and UVA (aging) rays.
Firming Peptides: powerful rejuvenating peptides work as collagen and elastin boosters to lessen the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and minimize signs of aging.
Aloe Vera: calms inflammation and redness, while soothing and moisturizing skin. It has multiple antioxidant benefits as well as skin softening, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
A novel deep-wrinkle targeting serum to use as an alternative to or enhancer of injectable treatments. Concentrated anti-wrinkle serum combines neuropeptide Argirelox® with marine peptides to dramatically lessen the appearance of expression lines and visibly plump skin. Provides cumulative improvement with continued use.
Wrinkle-Off Serum is a new serum targeting area specific deeper lines and wrinkles such as lip lines, chin and neck lines,
crow’s feet and frown lines. Wrinkle-Off Serum can be incorporated into any skincare regimen and its active ingredients improve the appearance of deeper lines in both people who have never had Botulinum toxin injections, as well as those who have and wish to enhance the effectiveness of the injections. *
- 10% Argirelox®: an award-winning wrinkle remedy that combines Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 and Pentatpeptide-18. Clinical testing shows that within 7 days of twice daily use, expression lines decrease in appearance an average of 20% in depth and 16% in length. In addition, this combination of peptides has proven effective in clinical testing in subjects who do not have neurotoxin injections and enhances the anti-wrinkle effects in those who have had such treatments.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 (Argireline®): was developed as a topical Botulinum toxin enhancer or alternative to temporarily relax (instead of paralyzing) muscles that give rise to expression lines. Argireline® is clinically proven to be effective at lessening the appearance of expression lines in subjects who did not use injectable Botulinum toxin. Clinic
- Pentapeptide-18: acts to block Calcium entry into nerves and make the nerves less effective at contracting muscles of expression.
- Seacode®: reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles and plumps skin appearance. A marine derived ingredient, Seacode® provides topical filler like benefits.