Venus Versa™ photofacial treatments work to reduce visible signs of premature aging, such as:
- Sun damage
- Brown spots
- Visible veins
- Fine lines and wrinkles
The treatment is powered by Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) with SmartPulse™ technology that delivers precise light through several layers of skin. This generates heat when absorbed by the targeted tissue, which corrects imperfections in the skin without damaging any of the surrounding tissue. A real-time cooling system works to keep your skin protected throughout treatment.
Venus Versa™ acne treatments use Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) with SmartPulse™ technology to treat both the underlying cause and the visible symptoms of acne. It uses a combination of blue and red light delivered simultaneously—the blue light destroys acne-causing bacteria, while the red-light controls inflammation and promotes faster healing. At the same time, a real-time cooling system works on contact to keep your skin continuously protected from the heat.
IPL PRE/POST TREATMENT GUIDELINES
- Avoid sun exposure (apply sunscreen daily and do not tan at all) for 4-6 weeks before and after treatment.
- Do not apply self-tanners or spray tans for 4 weeks before treatment.
- Do not use any retinol or retinoid products before treatment.
- Tell your technician if you have a history of hyperpigmentation. Depending on your skin type a pigmentation treatment may be started 2-6 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores in the area being treated, notify your primary doctor to write you a prescription for antiviral therapy to start at the time of treatment to prevent a flare up.
- You must notify the technician if you have any cosmetic tattooing on or near the area to be treated.
- You must notify if you are on aspirin, ibuprofen, iron supplementation, anticoagulents, vitamin E, or herbal supplements such as gingko, garlic, ginseng, fish oil, vitamin E. We recommend avoiding these products for 2 weeks prior to your procedure unless your primary care provider has placed you on them for a medical condition.
- Avoid alcohol for 1 week.
- If possible, come to your appointment with the treatment area cleanly washed without make-up.
After ALL IPL Treatment
- Apply cold compresses or cold pack to the treated areas for 10-15 minutes every hour for the next few hours, as needed.
- A mild sunburn-like sensation is expected. This usually lasts 2-24 hours but can persist up to 72 hours or more. Mild swelling and/or redness may accompany this, but it usually resolves in 2-3 days. Over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone cream or 100% aloe vera gel may ease redness or inflammation.
- Minor crusting or peeling of the skin is a common side effect. In rare cases blistering may occur. A double or single antibiotic ointment (NOT Neosporin, triple antibiotic, or polysporin) may be applied to the affected areas twice a day until healed.
- Keep the area clean. Wash gently and avoid aggressive scrubbing or use of exfoliants, scrub brushes, and loofa sponges until the sensitivity and colored of the treated area has returned to normal.
- Avoid direct sun exposure, including sun lamps and tanning beds, for 2-3 weeks after treatment. If exposed to the sun, protect the treated areas with a full spectrum sun block of 30 SPF or higher, used regularly between treatments and after the treatment course is completed.
- Until redness has completely resolved, avoid: Applying cosmetics, swimming- especially in pools with chemicals, hot tubs and Jacuzzi, and activities that cause excess perspiration.
After Brown Pigmented Lesion Treatment (Age Spots)
- The treated lesion may initially look raised and/or darker with a reddened border. It will gradually turn darker over the next 24-48 hours and may even turn very dark brown or black. This is normal. The treated area may develop a “peppery” appearance that will begin to flake off after a few days. A lesion on the body is usually cleared in 21-30 days and in about 7-10 days on the face. The lesion will continue to fade over the next 4-6 weeks.
- Scabbing or crusting may occur, and should not be picked, scratched or removed. The area should be kept moist with either a petroleum-based product like Aquaphor or Medical Barrier Cream or Cicalfate Repair cream (provided there are no sensitivities to its ingredients).
After Red Pigmented Lesion Treatment (Vessels, Rosacea)
- Avoid hot baths, steam showers, or aerobic exercise for 24-48 hours after treatment.